Monday, May 3, 2010

A windy washy day

My day started about 7am when I got up to nurse the little lady, check my email and make some coffee. The wind was howling outside and all of the clocks in the house were blinking 12:00.
Just as I was grinding the beans to make the coffee I heard the pitter patter of little feet coming down the hall way. It was the little man with a grin from ear to ear dragging his little blankie behind him.
The first thing that I heard out of his mouth was not good morning but 'My pants are wet.'
So with those words I knew that I was going to have to do laundry today. So we went in his bedroom, changed his clothes and for the first time ever the little man was dressed for the day before even eating breakfast.
And for breakfast we had cold cereal because there was not much of anything else to eat in the house. Thinking ahead to lunch I quickly made up some bread dough so that it would be ready to bake before lunch.

As we were eating breakfast the hubby left to go do some work at a friends house. So we were left home with no car since I sold mine this weekend. So I knew that today was going to be a productive day around the house since I could not escape it and go anywhere.
After putting a load of laundry in the wash I than wondered into our bathroom to try and put myself together a little. I was greeted by a very messy counter and a filthy toilet.

After a little cleaning up it looked much better.

The clothes were now ready for the dryer and the bread was ready to go in the oven. Not long after doing these two things the power went out again. Shortly after it was back on and than back out again. My bread was never going to cook at this rate and my clothes were going to take all day to dry.
The bread did cook and tasted amazing with a little homemade freezer jam and peanut butter.

The clothes did get dry and are now calling my name to fold them and put them away. So that is what I will be doing the rest of the afternoon.


*Michelle* said...

I would trade your day for mine any day. I just got home from another day of dealing with someone else's teenagers to find that my house is a catastrophe, my 2 yo is taking a late nap (she waits for me to get home), so she will not be going to sleep tonight at an acceptable hour, and tomorrow I've got to get up and do it all over again. Sorry you had to sell the car, though. :( Hopefully something will turn for you soon.

Secret Mommy said...

That sounds like a great day! I had a similar day, but without homemade bread... :)

meoandhitty said...

A day in the life of one great MOM!

Your MOM