Thursday, May 13, 2010

Amazing mama trait #4

Our ability to give birth

Not a day goes by that I dont look at my children starry eyed and amazed that they were once so small that they fit in my belly.

The little man will be three next week. THREE!

When I look back upon my labor with him I am just relived that it did not turn out any worse. I am not saying it was bad, I am just saying I got sucked into the birth trap and things could of gone wrong real quick.
I was 20 when I gave birth to the little man. We attended birthing classes. I read some books. I felt prepared. I thought a natural child birth was just going to come well, naturally.
When my doctor said that she would induce me, I was all for it. She never explained to me the risks. I just assumed that since she was the doctor and she knew best.

I had no fears about being induced.

After about eight hours of medicated, medically induced labor I gave birth to a healthy little boy. In that second I became a mama.


In between the time after the little man was born and before I got pregnant with the little lady I did more research on birth. Its not that I had an horrible experience giving birth to the little man, I just wanted something different.

My birth experience with the little lady was amazing, you can read the whole thing here.


The way that my children came into this world did not make me love them any differently. I am just glad that I was able to bring them into this world.

No comments: