Sunday, October 31, 2010

Green Halloween

We got together one night this week to have a green Halloween party. There were crafts, games, plenty of baked goods to share and you cant have a Halloween party without apple cider. The little man was very excited to dress up in his cowboy costume (but he would not put on his hat).
This is an improvement over last year when he would not even wear his costume.
The little man came up with is costume idea all on his own. It all started with the brown cowboy boots my mom bought him a year or so ago. The yellow shirt he had hanging in his closet and the pants were borrowed from his friend 'Row'. 'Row' also let us borrow his belt and buckle but it was just a little to big so we had to make do with a cheap fake leather one.
I made him the cow print vest to look like 'Woodys'. It is lined with brown fleece and even added a sheriff badge to it.
I think that he really like his costume.
I tried to get a picture of both kids sitting on the hay but the little man wanted nothing to do with it until the little lady was already out of her costume and all most asleep in the Ergo, so I had to settle for one of the cowboy with out his horse.
Thats right the little lady is a horse this year for Halloween.
Her costume is made up of a tan shirt, brown shoes, tan corduroy pants complete with braided brown tail and a mama knitted tan hat with ears, a brown mane and  braided ties were added to help keep it on
I did not have a pattern for the hat so I just kind of made it up as I knitted. It did not really turn out the exact way that I wanted but I looks very cute on her (when she leaves it on).
Our pumpkins this year even decided to join in on the green festivities by staying green. We moved them into the house earlier this week and it has seemed to bring out there orange side. Maybe in the next week or two we will paint/ carve them.
Have a great Halloween

1 comment:

Amber said...

They are both adorable. Nice job on the costumes, Mama!