Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cooking and eating

I have a love/hate relationship with cooking.
I know that it is something that I want to do as a wife and mother but it can be draining. Maybe I made it that way by putting eating healthy way up on my list of things that I find important in life.
Its hard if not imposable to eat healthy without cooking. I mean I guess I could stock my freezer full of Kashai and Amy's frozen meals but I dont have the money nor desire to do that. Then there is all the waste from the packaging but I am not going into that right now.
So until unless our family decides to go on a raw food/ vegan diet, I am going to have to cook.
Sometimes I get adventurous and try new recipes but most of the time I will stick to the basics.
Cooking with the littles under toe is both fun and challenging.
The little man can be a big help.

The little lady on the other had is not as helpful yet. She tries but most of the time she ends up helping by getting on my back in the Ergo.
She is still in the action but not right in it.
There has been a few times when I have been cooking dinner and she will some in dragging the Ergo behind her wanting to get up, snuggle and help.
But the best part of cooking is getting to eat.

No comments: