Thursday, March 17, 2011

Guack-a-rolly

We all got dressed this morning in our green shirts.
 The little man has two St. Patties day shirts but he did not want to wear either because neither were green. So he chose to wear his big brother shirt that I made for him over a year ago to wear when the little lady was born.
The little lady sported a shirt that the little may wore when he was younger. It says its not easy being green. I have always loved this shirt and I am so happy to be able to see it on the little lady. It reminds me of the 'little' little man.
Tomorrow we are going to celebrate with corned beef and cabbage but I still felt the need to make a green snack, guacamole or in the little mans words 'guack-a-rolly.'
*Last years green treat. I had fun looking back and just had to share =} WOW how the kids have grown!!
My Guack-a-rolly recipe
2 ripe avocados, diced
1 (about 1/4 cup) dollop of plain yogurt (or sour cream)
1 diced tomato
seasonings to taste (chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper)
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.

I served it along with semi- homemade corn tortilla chips.
Semi- homemade corn tortilla chip recipe
Package of corn tortillas
Olive oil
Sea salt
Preheat oven to 350*
Rub olive oil on both sides of the tortillas. Place in a baking stone and cut into 8 triangles. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 10- 15 minutes until crispy and the edges start to curve.
Cool, dip and enjoy.

No comments: