Monday, December 13, 2010

1st and 2nd days of Christmas

On the 1st day of Christmas my true love sent to me one romantic date night.
This weekend the hubby and I went out for dinner to celebrate six years of marriage. We had a gift card to a restaurant that we had never been before so we figured we should check it out.
We dropped the littles off at the in laws and off we went, just the two of us.
The atmosphere was nice but the food was just ok. We were very thankful that we had the gift card. I dont think that we will ever go there again but it was fun to try something new.
Afterwords we walked around downtown for a little while in the rain. We checked out a used bookstore but found nothing. Our night was cut short but that was fine. It was fun to get out just the two of us but I was glad to see these two when we got back.
On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love sent to me two jars of orange purees... and one romantic date night.
Tonight's dinner was not as fancy but much more tasty. I made Spaghetti pie with two different orange purees in it.
I started off with leftover spaghetti noodles and sauce but it could be easily made with fresh made pasta and sauce.
One cup shredded mozzarella cheese
One egg
One jar of squash baby food or half cup pureed squash
One jar of carrot baby food or half cup pureed carrots

Preheat over to 350
Put everything in a large bowl (leaving out half the cheese) and mix well. Spray pie pan (I had too much leftover spaghetti to fit in a pie pan so I used a 8X8 glass baking dish). Put mixture into the baking dish and top with leftover cheese bake for 30-40 minutes (I cooked mine for almost an hour because I like it extra crispy).
The hubby even had two helpings, the little lady like it... but the little man still did not want to eat. He will eat when he is hungry, right?

 Proof that he does eat. Eating the heart shaped snognog (eggnog) french toast the other night.

No comments: