Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow, Surgery, Sleep, Scarf and more Snow

Those are the first five words that come to mind when I think of this past week. Thursday morning the little man went in for SURGERY. It was something that needed to be taken care since he was 2 weeks old. It was something that could of been prevented if this doctor was not such a snob.

The morning off surgery Sound asleep

Anyway enough about her. Everything went great. In the Doctors words it went perfect. We got to Mary Bridge just before 8am. We drove very slow in the SNOW from our house on one hill to the hospital on the other hill. At about 10:30am we handed our kicking screaming little man off to the nurse as we walked off crying down the hall. About an hour later they told us that he was on his way to recovery. When we got down to recovery he was sitting on his bed crying and saying "I want my mama." When he realized who we where he stared crying and whining more. I picked him up and he kept saying that he was all done and pointing at the IV in his foot. He finally calmed down enough and nurse.

When we got back to out room the little man informed us that he needed to go potty. I asked the nurse for a bed pan but she handed me a cup for him to pee in. Like that was going to work. So the hubby and I walked down the hall to the bathroom. By this time the little man was shaking because he is trying to hold it. He did not want to sit on the potty so back to the room we went. We did this one more time before he went. Both my hubby and I could not believe that a children's hospital would not have accommodations for potty trained kids.

The drive home went slow again because most of the time we were at the hospital it was snowing. It was so nice to be home and know that our little man wont have to go through this surgery again. All the little man wanted to do was SLEEP.



Wanting to sleep after we got home

While at the hospital I started a SCARF. It is nothing too fancy. I am using three of the balls of yarn that I got from my sister last Christmas and another ball that was my grandmas. My goal for it is to one day have a matching hat.


We got more SNOW. The little man was feeling well enough to go out and play in it on Friday. Saturday and Sunday we went sledding and today we tried to make a snow man but it is just not pack-able so we made snow angels.



I cant believe Christmas is in three days. Well I guess I should be cleaning or baking.

2 comments:

meomagic said...

See ya on Christmas eve...love you!

Amber said...

I'm glad your son is doing well and you will all be able to enjoy the holidays together.

Merry Christmas!