Monday, July 18, 2011

Playing house

I spent most of the afternoon going through our bedroom.
It looks better but I am still not done.
Five garbage bags of stuff have been filled to be given to the thrift store. Thats just from my bedroom and the laundry room and neither one are clean yet. Yikes!!
I have always felt the need to collect, hoard, pack rat, keep stuff. I dont really know why. All this stuff does not make me happy and I dont feel lost with out it. I feel way more lost with rooms and closets in my house with piles of stuff in them.
I was always the kid growing up that had the pig sty for a room. I guess I thought I would just out grow it. When I got married the stuff followed and when I had kids the stuff multiplied. I have not out grown it yet and with another birthday coming up in just two weeks, I dont see me out growing it them either. I think that this is going to have to be something I am taught.
I have read many books and seen many shows on getting rid of stuff. Now it is time to put them into action.
So I am asking myself three simple questions; Do I love it? Do I use it? and is it beautiful? If I can answer no to any of these questions it gone.
Tomorrow is day number two and I hope that more bags get filled full of stuff and make it out of my house because it sure feels good.

1 comment:

meomagic said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Love,
Mom