Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Getting our hands dirty

It was so nice this weekend. We finally got out and took care of weeding the garden.
I did not do anything with the garden after the fall harvest so it was a little over grown.
Before pictures-


Good thing I had two eager helpers.
The Littles had so much fun exploring the dirt. The worms and slugs were their favorite. The Little Man also had fun filling his dump truck full of weeds.
After pictures-


Now I just need to fluff up all the dirt and add in some compost and it will be ready for some plants.
I am thinking of doing mostly a salad garden with carrots, radishes, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, peas and green beans.
My oldest brother is is doing an amazing job on the garden over at the lake house. We were over there today planting broccoli, carrots, spinach, corn and zucchini.
I am looking forward to spring and summer. Today does not really feel like spring since it is so cold and overcast. I guess I packed away The Littles winter clothes too soon.

No comments: