Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The little mans day

Today my little man turned four.
We started off the day when he joined me in my bed at 745am. I think he was just so excited about it being his birthday that he just could not sleep any more. This was probably one of the best parts of the whole day. It brought me back to when he was a little baby and we would lay in bed til 10am most days just soaking up each other.
We got to lay in bed for a little while before the little lady started calling my name.
Last night before we went off to sleep the little man and I made chocolate dipped pretzels to share with his friends after play to learn.
So when he got up we had to try them again to make sure that they were still yummy.
We just melted up some natural chocolate chips and dipped Trader Joe's honey wheat pretzels in to the chocolate. Put them on some wax paper and let them dry.
All his friends and their mamas enjoyed them.
Today was a beautiful day so we were able to play at the park and go for a walk up to the library and the store.
When I asked the little man what he would like for his birthday dinner he replayed 'pizza and hot dogs.' There was only one place I could think of that we like to eat at that has that combo, so we had dinner at Costco. There were a few things I needed to pick up there also.
You cant have a pirate birthday party without Pirate Booty.
I also decided last night that it would be fun to knit all of the kids pirate patches. I dont know why I come up with these crazy ideas. I guess I like to be stressed. So on top of getting the whole house clean by Sunday I now decided that I am going to knit up 20 or so pirate patches. Why!?!
They are very cute though.
I am using the scarvy eye patch pattern on Ravelry. The only thing that I have going for me is that they knit up really fast. I think that it took me all of 30 minutes last night to make one.
So one down 19 more to go.
The little man has now decided that he is no longer a baby since he is four. But in my eyes he will always be my baby.
***Sorry about being MIA for a week and the lack of photos in the posts. The little lady is working on her top molars so that is really disrupting my sleep lately. I dont know why but some days I take lots of pictures and other I take none but its getting them on the computer that is the hardest part. So then I just end up resorting to the ones that are on the phone. Not the greatest but better than nothing. Maybe things will get better, one can only hope.

No comments: