Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oh what a day

Next week is the last week of play to learn before the long summer break. We will be celebrating it with a dance party and little get together after to celebrate the little mans birthday. He is very excited. He wants to make chocolate dipped pretzels to have as a treat.
I am looking forward to a break from play to learn. I know that we are not forced to go but it so much fun to see all of our friends every week and play together. But after today I think a break will be nice.
I spend 95% of the class picking her up off of the tables. She has learned that the 'good' toys are up at the table. She does not want to just do the table activity once but she wants to do it the whole time. She also cant just sit in the chair she has to be up on the table.
On top of all the table climbing she also managed to break the glass canning jar her snacks were in. ERRR. Before I knew what was going on glass was all over the floor. I normally dont let her walk around with jars but this all happened so quick. Jars drop at home all the time and dont break but today was just my lucky day.
This afternoon the sun decided to come out.
We went for a short walk and played with some friends for a little while and then we made it home just as the hubby was pulling into the driveway.
We hopped into the truck with him and joined him as he mowed two lawns. I had dinner all planned but instead we had pizza and pop. I guess every once and a while we are aloud to be spontaneous and eat junk food, right?
One of the lawns that the hubby mows is his Grandmas. The littles had a blast running around playing 'tag'.

 For the longest time the little man would say 'tazer it' instead of 'tag your it'. (Yup thats my son.) He has just started saying 'tag your it'. I never corrected him cuz I dont think he would of believed me and it was really cute.



He did end up helping her up after this picture was taken and we had a nice talk about playing more carefully. The little lady was not fazed much by the push. She was right back up and running as soon as she brushed her hands off. (Thats my girl)
It felt like spring today. Sunshine, bare feet, fresh cut grass, and family fun.

No comments: